- to create and foster fellowship through music;
- to give music students an opportunity to meet with one another and, by personal contact and exchange of ideas, to broaden the individual outlook;
- to strengthen a devotion and loyalty to Alma Mater;
- to develop character and leadership;
- to encourage the highest possible scholastic attainment, excellence of individual performance; and appreciation of good music
- to give material aid to worthy students;
- to manifest interest in young musicians entering the professional world.
- to promote local, national, and international music and musicians;
- to further the work of aspiring composers;
- to stimulate appreciation of good music at the community level;
- to advance high ethical standards of professional conduct in the music world;
- to encourage understanding of the cultures of all nations;
- to do any and all things conducive to the service, betterment, and ultimate welfare of musicians.